Knit Love Club
The Knit Love Club is currently on sabbatical, so there is no Knit Love Club for 2013. Please see this post for more details
It’s time! It’s time! Join us for our 5th year of sock club fun and frolics. This year you will be getting sock yarn every two months (posted at the end of Jan, Mar, May, July, Sep & Nov), and to spice things up a little on the pattern front, instead of only one pattern to go with your yarn, you will have TWO with every kit.
All the kits will have a sock pattern, some will be a double sock pattern featuring two versions of sock – a knit-with-your-friends-and-maybe-a-beer-or-wine-or-three simpler version, and a shhhh-I’m-concentrating-don’t-look-or-speak-with-me version – and a couple will be a sock pattern and an accessories pattern that works with the Club yarn. Each skein of yarn will be enough to knit one of the two patterns.
What you will get in the Knit Love Club:
- 6 parcels of Sokkusu-Original sock yarn, each skein giving 433 yards (396 m) per 120g of delectable high twist yet nice and soft 3 ply 100% superwash merino yarn.
- 12 patterns (2 to go with each skein)
- A bonus skein
- An accompanying bonus pattern
- A souvenir year book containing all the year’s patterns, and members’ bios (for those members who opt in)
- All of which are exclusive to club members. Exclusivity on the patterns and yarn ends at the close of the club year
1) Designs: The designs will be by Alice (that’s me!) and exclusive to the club for the duration of the club year.
2) Yarn: Exclusive and specially milled for Socktopus – Sokkusu-O! It is a lovely rounded 3-ply sock yarn (100% superwash merino) with a nice tight twist in a perfect fingering weight.
3) Colourways: Exclusively dyed for the Knit Love Club.
4) Patterns: All patterns are sent via the interwebz as PDF downloads from Ravelry. You don’t need to be a member to receive the patterns – they will be sent to the email address you register with Paypal when you pay your membership fee.
At the end of the year, members will receive a yearbook – a bound soft cover book (in technicolour!) of the year’s patterns, as well as member pages for those members who opt in.
5) Bonus: There will be one bonus skein and pattern that may or may not be a KAL sent out sometime during the year.
6) Schedule: The sock yarn parcels will be sent out during the 4th week of Jan, Mar, May, July, Sept, Nov 2012.
7) Club forum: There is a Club social group on Ravelry.com which you can find here. I encourage you to join Ravelry if you haven’t yet – it’s a fantastic and free resource and a fun place to meet like minded people.
The Nitty Gritty
The membership fee for 12 months of fun, 6 skeins of delectable yarn and 12 patterns, plus extras, is £168 for UK members, £180 for EU members, and because we won’t need to charge VAT for non UK/EU members, £170 for the Rest of the World (USA, Canada and countries not in the UK and EU).
The links below will take you to Ravelry’s Paypal site to pay for your membership. Please ensure that the email address you provide to Paypal has no typos and that you will have access to it for the whole of the 2012 Club year as all your patterns will be sent to that address. You can also pay using a debit or credit card without a Paypal account; simply follow the link on the bottom right of Ravelry’s Paypal page.
Please read the PDF Welcome which you will be able to download on purchase, particularly the yellow box on page 2! We will contact all members in December to update/confirm their shipping address.
UK Members: £168 including postage and VAT.
EU Members: £180 including postage and VAT.
ROW Members (Rest of World including USA, Canada and countries not in the UK and EU): £170 including postage (no VAT).